WHAT IS IT?
Each semester, Studenterhus Aarhus matches friendship families - a family, where at least one of the family members works in a company in Aarhus, and an international PhD- or Postdoc-student.
The family and the student have three dinners together. We also plan a day where the student visits the company in Aarhus where one of the family members work - and the family visits the student’s educational institution.
After these events it’s up to you whether you want to continue the contact.
The project is important for the internationalization of Aarhus as a city of culture.
In addition, Studenterhus Aarhus offers a lot of activities that you definitely won’t want to miss.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
The only requirement is that you have time to be a friendship family for an international PhD- or Postdoc-student. In addition, you must work at a company in Aarhus, so the student can experience what it's like to work in Denmark.
IS INTERNATIONALIZE WITH US SOMETHING FOR YOU?
- Would you like to cook Danish dishes for an international student?
- Do you want to improve your English or do you just like speaking English?
- Do you have the time to be a friendship family?
- Do you think it's exciting to learn more about another culture?
- Do you want to take part in the internationalization of Aarhus as a city of culture?
- Do you want to show an international student the job opportunities in Aarhus?
Do the statements above describe you? - Then Internationalize with us is definitely something for you!