Get to know the Danes
Are you a PhD student? Would you like to meet and get to know a Danish family and make some Danish friends?
Then sign up for Internationalize With Us and join us at the kick-off event Monday, November 18.
Aarhus University and Studenterhus Aarhus are once again organizing the successful Internationalize with (Aarh)us, where we match PhD students with Danish families. In short, the project is a dinner club, where you are offered a Danish contact family (a Danish employee from one of the participating companies + their family) that can give you unique insight into the Danish culture outside academia. If your family is here with you, they are welcome to join as well.
Why should you join?
It is a unique opportunity for you to get to know everyday Danes and build a social network outside of your workplace.
Past participants have said:
- “I think the program ... provided me with an opportunity to get into the Danish society and learn Danish culture ".
- "It gave me a tiny window to escape from my university routine and meet great people."
- “Thank you! I have Danish friends now!”
How to sign up?
Send an email to Sigrun Schaumburg-Müller at firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, November 14. We will then send you a short questionnaire and match you with a Danish family. As there is a limited number of families, we will select among all incoming applications to ensure the best matches. You will meet your host family at the kick-off event Monday, November 18.
Please note that the programme runs until June, so it only applies to PhD students who are in Denmark during the spring of 2020.
The programme runs from November 2019 to May 2020. It includes:
- The kick-off event on Monday, November 18, 17:30-20:30
Place: Studenterhus Aarhus, Nordre Ringgade 3, Aarhus
Here you will meet your host family and we will eat dinner together.
- 3 dinners (min.) with the Danish host families between November 2019 and April 2020.
- One company visit to the companies where the Danish employee works.
- One visit at your workplace, Aarhus University (organised by the International Centre).
- A Grand Finale event in May 2020.
You plan the individual activities and schedule with your Danish host family after we connect you. It is a requirement that you are in Denmark in the spring and preferable that you can attend the kick-off event.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.