Be the face of UNICEF – promote children’s rights! // 17. august 2018
As a promoter for UNICEF Denmark, you will be able to improve your skills within communication, marketing and sales. You will become part of an international team with a high focus on continuous coaching and development, all while contributing to creating a better future for the children of the world.
MEET AN EMPLOYEE:
Guiomar Benavides, Doctor of Medicine from CEU San Pablo in Madrid, Spain.
Working for UNICEF Denmark has given me the opportunity to grow as a person, both spiritually and intellectually. As a promoter you face different challenges every single day, which means that you never get bored. The most amazing thing is that something magic happens, when you communicate with people on the streets, and discover that you inspire them in many more ways, than I ever expected. The working environment is great with an awesome international vibe with employees from all around the world, and I can honestly say that I don’t just have colleagues but lifelong friends.
HOW WE WORK:
- Our primary task is to promote UNICEFs work and recruit new members.
- As a promotor you therefore need to engage people in the streets and inspire them to support the cause by conveying knowledge about how UNICEF works.
- To convey our message, we often use visual aids and tools which allows us to demonstrate in what ways new possible members can help the children.
- Furthermore, we promote UNICEFs work through our BrainFood event concept where we visit fairs, centers, festivals, etc. Here we, among other things, bring our portable schools, called “School in a Box” that allows us to show how we can create schools for children all around the world as well as our virtual reality glasses that gives our visitors an opportunity to experience a day in the life of a child in a refugee camp.
- The opportunity to work with marketing, fundraising and communication for the world’s largest children’s organization • A fixed hourly wage with the possibility of raises depending on results and seniority.
- The opportunity to become part of an international team with fundraisers from every continent in the world.
- Social events, interesting lectures, and summer and Christmas parties.
- A world class fundraising education, which will allow you to build skills that can improve both your personal and professional development and take you to the next step in your career.
- Career opportunities – with time, good results and hard work it is possible to advance within the company. Most of the leaders in our team started out as fundraisers.
- A fun and challenging workday, with a focus on competitions, results and teamwork.
- Extroverted and energetic
- Excited about meeting new people and enjoy interacting with many different characters.
- Result oriented and work constructively towards reaching goals.
- Good at acquiring new skills and using them actively to improve your performance. Motivated by overcoming obstacles and continuously working on your own development.
PLACE OF WORK AND HOURS:
- You can join our team of promoters in either Aarhus or Copenhagen.
- We work on both pedestrian streets, at malls and at indoor as well as outdoor events.
- Most importantly, the city is our workplace and the weather our colleague.
- You therefore must be ready to perform and have fun whether the sun is shining, or it is pouring rain or snow.
- The day team work every day Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 17:00. You can work up to 37 hours a week but as a minimum need to be able to work 2 shifts a week.
You can choose to work either full time or part time. So regardless of whether you are a student looking to supplement your income, have finished your studies and are looking to build your CV or new to Denmark and looking to enter the Danish labor market, you can become a fundraiser for UNICEF.
Your age is of no importance to us – it is all about personality. Experience is not necessary – you will be thoroughly trained through our education program. Danish skills are not necessary – some of our best fundraisers only speak English
Are you our new colleague? Apply here.
For further information about the position, Contact Sofie Isaksen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNICEF was created by the UN countries with a distinct purpose in mind: to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path. Working within the frame of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the entire effort is based on voluntary contributions. UNICEF Denmark is one out of 33 national committees, whose main purpose it is to fundraise for and communicate about UNICEFs work.
Throughout the past years UNICEF Denmark has experienced a continued economic growth with a total revenue in 2017 alone of nearly 200 million DKK donated from both private and corporate contributors. With these nearly 200 million DKK UNICEF Denmark was able to send 156 million DKK to the children of the world equaling a contribution rate of 78%.
UNICEF Denmark is based in UN City, where approximately 100 employees work hard to reach the set objectives and contribute even further to strengthen the effort towards the children of the world. To learn more, visit www.unicef.dk.