WHAT IS IT?
Each semester, Studenterhus Aarhus matches friendship families - consisting of a family, where at least one of the family members works in a company in Aarhus, and an international PhD- or Postdoc-student.
Together the family and the student hold three dinners. There is also a planned day, where you visit a company in Aarhus, where one of the family members works - and the students educational institution.
After these events it’s up to you, whether you want to continue the contact.
The project is important for the internationalization of Aarhus as a city of culture.
In addition, Studenterhus Aarhus offers a lot of activities, that you definitely won’t want to miss.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
The only requirement is, that you have time to be a friendship family for an international PhD- or Postdoc-student. In addition, you must work in a company in Aarhus, so the student can experience what it's like to work in Denmark.
IS INTERNATIONALIZE WITH US SOMETHING FOR YOU?
- Would you like to cook Danish dishes for an international student?
- Do you want to improve your English or do you just like speaking English?
- Do you have the time to be a friendship family?
- Do you think it's exciting to learn more about another culture?
- Do you want to take part in the internationalization of Aarhus as a city of culture?
- Do you want to show an international student the job opportunities in Aarhus?
Do the statements above describe you? - Then Internationalize with us is definitely something for you!